In 2014, Sputnik Estudio devised the Santorini Lamp for Marset. Sputnik Estudio is a multidisciplinary Spanish design studio based in Valencia and founded by Majo Fernández, María de la O Reyna, María Salar, and Borja Sánchez. Their designs aim to create an interaction between the product and its users. Marset is an innovative lighting manufacturer in Barcelona. Set up as foundry in 1942, it transitioned into Marset Illuminacion under Francisco Marset in 1965. Through the decades, they have created many note-worthy lighting products.
Marset Santorini Lamp is a multifunctional indoor or outdoor lighting, inspired by the lanterns found in fishing boats. The lamp has a half-oval shaped glass diffuser, made using press and blow technique. It is attached to a grey polycarbonate base. The lampshades are slightly conical in structure, and available in colors – white, mustard, and black. The pair of them can be added, removed, and positioned facing up or down on the glass diffuser. The glass diffuser, along with the shape and the setting of the shades, gives out a soft reflected light. The lamp can be hung as a garland or a pendant lamp, fixed on the wall, or used as a floor lamp, depending on the accessories requested. The wall brackets, floor stand, and other accessories are made of metal with stainless anti-oxidant cataphoresis treatment for outdoor. It offers a level of customization that is unimaginable while maintaining the quality of materials and production.
• Material: Glass, Polycarbonate, Metal
• Color: White, Grey, Mustard
• Type: Floor, Pendant, Garland, Wall lamp
• Size:21.2cm (diameter) X 25.8cm; Glass Diameter: 10cm;
• Accessories: Suspension Cable: 4.50 m; Canopy: 11.2cm (dia) X 3.5cm; Wall Bracket: 12cm (dia) x 20cm; Floor Accessory: 33cm( base dia) X 172.2cm X 3cm
• Electric Cable: 2m
• Illuminant:8W E26 LED; 15W E27 Fluorescent Bulb; Shock Protection: Class I